My maw maw and I make this fruitcake cookie recipe together every year for Christmas. It’s one of my favorite Christmas traditions.
Most people look at me funny when I say I love fruitcake cookies, but don’t knock them ’til you try them!
We’ve made so many memories making (and eating) these cookies, and I hope they make your Christmas a little extra special.
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
3 eggs, well beaten
2 cups candied cherries (we use red and green)
1 teaspoon each of baking soda, cinnamon and cloves
3 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 pound raisins (we’ve used cranberries too)
6 slices candied pineapple (we use the kind that’s cut up)
7 cups nuts, chopped (we us pecans)
- 1. Cream together butter and sugar. Blend in eggs.
2. Mix flour and spices. Then, mix flour mixture with nuts, fruits and raisins.
3. Add to the butter mixture a little at a time and blend well. The dough will be stiff and makes A LOT.
4. Store in the refrigerator for two days.
5. Roll into small balls and bake at 300 degrees on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook if you make them! And check out this recipe for my Aunt Carlotta’s German chocolate cake. It’s my absolute FAVORITE and a Christmas Eve staple.